A camera bag just seems to be a bag. Not quite so.
We find it very complicated to find the right bag. Why?
- Has to fit like a glove to your body
- Has to be weather resistant
- Has to rugged (I not that friendly to my bag while hunting for
- What is the total weight with equipment
- You might carry it a long way
For a nature photographer I think the only option is a backpack. End
of 2000 we faced the decision which backpack and we opted for the
previous model of the Nature Trekker. Whether you like a backpack or
experience can tell. The Nature Trekker easily withstands the test
of time. We have even a definition for our equipment to carry. If it
fit into the Nature Trekker it has to stay home or in the car. This
also includes lenses: Every lens that does not fit mounted on the camera
into the Nature Trekker will not get bought. Unfortunatly the Canon
fits and now I have to save to buy it :-).
Some months ago we upgraded to the new Nature Trekker AW II. There
are some nice improvements:
- builtin rain cover
- better adjustments for the shoulder straps
- better sealed against rain
We would like to see one improvement:
- we would like to have the waistbelt removable
There are products that feel "ok" and then there are those that feel
"right". The Nature Trekker AW II feels right!