Checking details on the LCD of your camera is needed in the following situations:
- After the shot to check the images
- Before the shot using live view (nothing beats live view for manual focussing)
Just looking at the screen is often not good enough. Why?
- Ambient stray light
- You may well work without glasses with the camera viewfinder because of using the camera's diopter correction but still not see the critical details on the small LCD screen (at least true for me).
The HoodLoupe 3.0 helps to better view details on the LCD. It features:
- support for 3" LCDs
- +/- 3 diopter
- not attached to the camera
- the lanyard with the loupe is conveniently hanging around your neck while working
We used it on our recent trip to San Francisco where we checked always the manual focus with live view. The HoodLoupe worked perfect for us so that we now will have the HoodLoupe always ready in our backpack (Bettina and I only fight who gets it :-)).
You find more information on the Hoodman USA website.