The R2880 is a replacement of the R2400 which we reviewed here.
The R2880 uses a new inkset like the 4880, 7880, 9880 and 11880 with a new ink called "Vivid Magenta". We did not check whether this improves the color gamut or not. Some sources report it does. Overall the R2880 is very close to the R2400. Here is our short list of pros and cons.
- Like with the R2400 the image quality is very good
- The single sheet feeding is improved
- We didn't experience any clogging even after not using the printer for at least 2 weeks
- Still experienced sometimes issues feeding single sheets
- The printer uses quite a bit of ink if it does forced or automatic cleaning
- Ink cost is very high due to the small ink cartridges. If you print a lot an Epson 3800 (also a more professional printer) mabe a better choice for you.
Tip: We leave the printer on all the time. This may save you some ink due to automatic cleaning cycles.
Great image quality paired with possible high ink cost and some feeding issues.